Nyck de Vries is a Mercedes EQ Formula E Team Race Driver and Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 Team Reserve Driver. Born in Sneek, Netherlands, he has achieved success in every racing category he has competed in and is one of his county’s brightest young racing stars.
After a successful stint in karting both locally and internationally, Nyck made the move up to singleseaters in 2012, spending the next three seasons in various Formula Renault 2.0 series – claiming both the Eurocup and Alps titles in 2014, before moving up to Formula Renault 3.5 the following season and finishing P3 in the standings.
GP3 was next up and Nyck claimed two victories across the season, before moving up to the next ladder of the F1 support bill – Formula 2. He split his rookie season between Rapax and Racing Engineering, claiming one win and four further podiums.
After showing promising signs in that first season, he moved to Pertamina Prema Theodore Racing for 2018 and finished P4 overall with three victories that season. He also started competing in endurance racing in 2018, in the LMP2 category of the FIA WEC with Racing Team Nederland.
Nyck remained in F2 for a third season and switched across to ART Grand Prix, where he scored four wins and claimed the Drivers’ title with one race weekend to spare. He also remained in the FIA WEC and competed in the 24 Hours of Le Mans.
Towards the end of 2019, Nyck made his Formula E debut with the Mercedes-Benz EQ Formula E Team as a Race Driver and showed impressive glimpses during a challenging rookie campaign across the 2019/2020 season. He claimed one podium finish and finished P11 overall. He also raced in the 2020 European Le Mans Series with G-Drive Racing.
For 2021, Nyck remains in Formula E with Mercedes and will also share the Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 Team Reserve Driver role.
- 2020/2021 Formula E: Mercedes EQ Formula E Team: Car No. 17, Formula One: Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 Team Reserve Driver
- 2020 European Le Mans Series (G-Drive Racing) – P5
- 2019/2020 Formula E: (Mercedes-Benz EQ Formula E Team) – P11
- 2019/2020 FIA WEC: (Racing Team Nederland) – P10
- 2019 Formula 2: (ART Grand Prix) – Champion, 24 Hours of Le Mans: (Racing Team Nederland) – P15
- 2018/2019 FIA WEC: (Racing Team Nederland) – P9
- 2018 Formula 2: (Pertamina Prema Theodore Racing) – P4
- 2017 Formula 2: (Rapax/Racing Engineering) – P7
- 2016 GP3: (ART Grand Prix) – P6
- 2015 Formula Renault 3.5: (DAMS) – P3
- 2014 Eurocup Formula Renault 2.0: (Koiranen GP) – Champion, Formula Renault 2.0 Alps: (Koiranen GP) – Champion
- 2013 Eurocup Formula Renault 2.0: (Koiranen GP) – P5, Formula Renault 2.0 Alps: (Koiranen GP) – P8
- 2012 Eurocup Formula Renault 2.0: (R-ace GP) – P5, Formula Renault 2.0 NEC: (R-ace GP) – P10
- 2004-2011 Karting
Follow Nyck on Social Media
Source: Mercedes-AMG Petronas Formula One Team