SilverArrows.Net strives to be the go-to Mercedes F1 news and information website for fans of the team, so we decided to provide you with an opportunity to get your voice heard in the community and share your opinions with other likeminded people. That’s why we are calling out to you to submit your opinion pieces concerning the Mercedes F1 Team, Lewis Hamilton, Valtteri Bottas or any other person associated with the team, as well as broader F1 related subjects.
Selected columns will be published as a ‘Guest Column’ in the new ‘Opinions’ section of our website. SilverArrows.Net reserves the right to publish the columns at its own discretion, after a selection process. Please do not feel bad if your column is not selected, as it doesn’t mean it is not good, just that it wasn’t what we were looking for at the moment. If this happens don’t be discouraged, feel free to choose another topic and try again.
When submitting your column, please follow these guidelines:
- How to submit: All submissions should be sent through our contact form or through our Facebook page (as a private message). Please be sure to include the following:
- Subject: Please write “Guest Column submission”.
- Column title: Put it in the body of the message (we reserve the right to change the title due to length constraints or if we think a different title would be more appealing).
- Short summary: Say what the column is about as if you are trying to pique a reader’s interest (no more than 20 words).
- Signature: Tell us how you’d like the Guest Column to be signed (your name, website, social media channels). You can also include a few words about yourself that can be published next to your name.
- Suggested length: Your column can have as many words as you deem necessary, but keep in mind that more doesn’t necessarily equal better.
- Content: Your column should make a clear argument or stake out a clear point of view. The topic of your column needs to be connected to the Mercedes F1 Team and/or its drivers (when choosing a topic ask yourself what other fans like you would like to read about).
- Style: Your column should be written in English, using proper grammar, and has to be easy to digest. Profanity is not allowed.
- Image: Your column will run with an illustrative image of our choosing (we only use photos and images that we can use legally).
- At the end of your message include the following text: “The above column is my original work and hasn’t been previously published. I agree that, if chosen, the column can be published, republished and reused (including just quotations) by SilverArrows.Net on all its digital and other channels without any remuneration and will remain property of SilverArrows.Net.” If this text is not included we will not publish the column.
- By submitting your column you are granting SilverArrows.Net all rights to it and agree that it can be published, republished and reused (including just quotations) by SilverArrows.Net on all its digital and other channels indefinitely, without any remuneration.
- The column has to be your original work that has not previously been published elsewhere.
- If you would like to submit or repost your column elsewhere, please wait for 48 hours after it has been published on SilverArrows.Net and include a link to the original article on SilverArrows.Net. Please notify us if this is the case.
- Your column will be reviewed for style and clarity by SilverArrows.Net staff prior to publication. Any changes to your original text will be cleared with you before publication. SilverArrows.Net retains final editorial discretion and is not obligated to publish your work.
- We will only contact those whose columns have been selected for publication. If your column has not been published in 30 days, feel free to publish it or submit it elsewhere.
- Once your column is published, we will send you a link to it. Please promote this link on your social media channels or websites, tag SilverArrows.Net on the chosen platform and include a link to the website.
- If your column was published by SilverArrows.Net, but you want it removed, please contact us.
- Feel free to submit as many columns as you wish.
Submit your Guest Column here.
We wish you good luck and look forward to reading your entries!
Feel free to share this information with other fans so that they also have the oportunity to participate!