
© Sebastian Kawka for Mercedes-Benz Grand Prix ltd.
Regarding the release of the FIA’s Abu Dhabi Grand Prix report, Mercedes team boss Toto Wolff says “there is no other way than being transparent”, and it is “well understood” by the FIA.
The results stemming from the FIA’s investigation into the controversial ending of the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix are being presented to the World Motorsport Council this weekend.
It is as of yet unknown if the report from the inquiry will be released to the public, so at the Saturday team principals’ press conference Toto Wolff was asked if he believes it should be.
“So far, what I have seen from the new regime within the FIA is that transparency is well understood in a day and age where everything is almost crystal clear because [the media] are doing a thorough job and the web is just being able to distribute things quickly,” the Austrian said.
“There is no other way than being transparent and Mohammed Ben Sulayem has so far done all of that.
“So I don’t know what the outcome of the World Motor Sport Council is going to be but I don’t believe that they have anything to hide personally.”
If you like SilverArrows.Net, consider supporting us by buying us a coffee!
Alfa Romeo team principal Fred Vasseur then added he believes there should be transparency, but Formula 1 should also move on from Abu Dhabi.
“I think transparency is important as Toto said but I think at one stage we will have to also turn the page and be focused on the current season,” Vasseur said.
“I can perfectly understand the consequences of what happened last year but now we are on the first race of 2022, we have to move on.”
Wolff agreed:
“I completely agree with Fred by the way. We need to turn the page, it is done now.
“After the World Motor Sport Council has come together and issued the investigation, it is in nobodies interest and not in our interest to continue the discussion about Abu Dhabi,” Mercedes’ team boss concluded.






