Stoffel Vandoorne is a Mercedes EQ Formula E Team Race Driver and Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 Team Reserve Driver. Born in Kortrijk, Belgium, he is regarded one of the biggest Belgian racing talents.
After an impressive debut in single seaters in 2010, where he claimed the championship title in the F4 Eurocup 1.6, Stoffel quickly moved up the ranks. On his way up to the highest regions of motorsport, he claimed two more championships, finishing on top in the Formula Renault 2.0 Eurocup in 2012, and the GP2 Series in 2015.
The Belgian got picked up by McLaren in 2013, becoming part of their Young Driver Programme, before entering two full seasons for McLaren in Formula One.
Following his departure from Formula One after the 2018 season, Stoffel entered the Formula E championship with HWA RACELAB. It was a challenging rookie season, finishing 16th in the standings, but Stoffel scored his first pole and podium in Formula E during the season.
He remained in Formula E as the HWA team transitioned to the Mercedes-Benz EQ Formula E Team, where he finished second in the standings with one victory and two further podium finishes. Alongside his Formula E commitments, Stoffel was also a Reserve Driver for the Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 Team in 2020 and remains in the crucial supporting role for the 2021 season.
- 2020/2021 Formula E: Mercedes EQ Formula E Team: Car No. 5, Formula One: Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 Team Reserve Driver
- 2019/2020 Formula E: Mercedes-Benz EQ Formula E Team Driver – P2, Formula One: Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 Team Reserve Driver
- 2018/2019 Formula E: (HWA RACELAB) P16, 24h Le Mans (LMP1): P3
- 2018 Formula One: (McLaren) P16
- 2017 Formula One: (McLaren) P16
- 2016 Formula One: (McLaren) Test Driver + 1 Race
- 2015 GP2 Series: Champion, Formula One: (McLaren) Test Driver
- 2014 GP2 Series: P2, Formula One: (McLaren) Test Driver
- 2013 Formula Renault 3.5 Series: P2, McLaren Young Driver Programme
- 2012 Formula Renault 2.0: Eurocup: Champion, Formula Renault 2.0: Northern European Cup: P9
- 2011 Formula Renault 2.0: Eurocup: P5, Formula Renault 2.0: Northern European Cup: P3
- 2010 F4 Eurocup 1.6: Champion
- 1998 – 2009 Karting
Follow Stoffel on Social Media
- Twitter: @svandoorne
- Facebook: /Stoffel-Vandoorne
- Instagram: @svandoorne
- Website: www.stoffelvandoorne.com
Source: Mercedes-AMG Petronas Formula One Team