Domenicali on whether the Abu Dhabi report will be released

© LAT Images for Mercedes-Benz Grand Prix Ltd

F1 CEO Stefano Domenicali says the aim of Formula 1 and the FIA is “to have a step forward, to move forward from Abu Dhabi”.

The results stemming from the FIA’s investigation into the controversial ending of the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix are being presented to the World Motorsport Council this weekend.

It is as of yet unknown if the report from the investigation will be publicly released. Earlier this week Formula 1 CEO Stefano Domenicali was asked if he believes it should be released.

“I will attend the World Council next Saturday, and we will see,” Domenicali said.

“That is the aim, to have a step forward to move forward from Abu Dhabi.

“We are already in Bahrain. So there is no need to talk about a different approach other than to say what we learned as regulator from that last race.”


If you like SilverArrows.Net, consider supporting us by buying us a coffee!



As for the FIA’s new Formula 1 governing structure which includes two alternating race directors, Domenicali was asked if there was a risk of things being decided by committee.

“The race direction has to be an entity organised in a proper way, but the race director is a man, or a woman, or a person, who has to take the right decision,” he said.

“And he can take the right decision if he’s well supported, if he has all the tools that are available for him to make this judgement.

“I do believe that what you are saying is totally aligned with my thought. You don’t have the time to make a committee.

“You need to make sure all what you have around you is enabling you to take the right decision,” Domenicali concluded.

Follow us on Twitter @SilverArrowsNet and like us on Facebook!

Comments are closed.