On the Forbes Magazine list of 10 highest-earning athletes of the 2010s, Lewis Hamilton takes 10th place.
According to Forbes, Lewis earned $400 million in salary and sponsorship in the last ten years. Not surprising considering he has dominated Formula 1 since moving from McLaren to Mercedes in 2013.
After a relatively slow start in 2013, Hamilton won the drivers’ title in 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018 and 2019. Having won his first world title in 2008, Hamilton is the second most successful Formula 1 driver in history, surpassed only by Michael Schumacher.
The highest earning athlete of the decade, boxing great Floyd Mayweather, earned $915 million across the decade. Here is the full Forbes top-ten:
- Floyd Mayweather, boxing, $915 million
- Cristiano Ronaldo, soccer, $800 million
- Lionel Messi, soccer, $750 million
- LeBron James, basketball, $680 million
- Roger Federer, tennis, $640 million
- Tiger Woods, golf, $615 million
- Phil Mickelson, golf, $480 million
- Manny Pacquiao, boxing, $435 million
- Kevin Durant, basketball, $425 million
- Lewis Hamilton, motorsport, $400 million